The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye to the year from the pit!

Okay, I actually never really like New Years.  I think I've said it before, but it's worth repeating... I guess this is a dark side of my psyche, but I always think at the stroke of midnight, "What if?"  What if this is the year your sister dies, what if this is the year you find out you have cancer, or what if this is the year your marriage ends?  I rarely see New Years as an opportunity for a fresh start.  A long time ago, a friend of mine questioned why people make New Years resolutions.  He said, "If I find something in myself that needs to be changed, I change it today, not a specific date on the calendar."  That was a profound thing for me to hear.  I've lived by that ever since.  I no longer say "I'll start running on Monday or I'll do the laundry more in the new year, etc. etc."  If I think something needs to change, I just start changing it.

But THIS year, this year is quite different for me.  I cannot WAIT to see 2011 go down in flames.  If 2011 were a person at the party, I'd flip it a giant bird, shove it out the door and slam and lock the door with or without 2011 having it's coat! :)  I can't wait for 2012.  Although, I know that things can ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be worse, I think SURELY God will do something amazing in my life in 2012.  I feel that this will be a year of redemption.  This will be a year He whispers to me that I am His and that He has great plans for me.  If He doesn't, then they will write another book of the Bible.  It will be right after the book of Job.  It will be called, "Job II, the Modern Day Sequel."  :)  Just kidding God!


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:10-12 

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy New year girl!!!!!!!!!!!
Nicole

Carrie said...

I hope you have a wonderful year!!