The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Monday, December 12, 2011

Super Glue, Nutella, Wine, and Light Bulbs

Today was a difficult day, breathing wise.  I get this feeling in my throat like my throat is actually numb.  It's weird. I think my body is actually starting to rebel against the stress.  I have aches and pains with no logical explanation except just that my life sorta sucks.  So, I decided today that I will start to change my perspective.  If you're familiar with the Enneagram (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and am sort of addicted to), I'm a 7.  Some call 7's "Enthusiasts", but Richard Rohr titles 7's "The Need to Avoid Pain".  Yes, that describes me.  7s are known not to have a very high tolerance for unhappiness, we have a short attention span for the unpleasant.  So, with that in mind, I just needed to really change my frame of reference.  I have been stuck in this fearful mindset, trying to think through my entire life scenario every morning and make it better TODAY.  Unrealistic, I know.

So, positives for today.  These are a real stretch, but work with me here.  First, Super Glue... Thank you, whoever created super-glue.  At my house, alot of stuff gets broken... super glue has spared me many a tear.  Tonight, however, I had a little "run in" with a tube of the super stuff.  I'm now sporting a second skin of super glue.

Nutella and Wine... when you're not really expecting to impress anyone with your cooking skills, you can make scrambled eggs in the microwave and frozen waffles for the kids and just have a spoon of Nutella and a glass of wine for yourself.  Keeps things simple.  And almost no dishes.

Light bulbs... I'm so thankful that today, a light bulb went out in our mud room and I didn't have to get out the ladder to change it.  WE have someone doing work around the house right now and he changed the light for me.  It's the little things.  :)

No comments: