The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Monday, November 01, 2010

I have really great news that you must hear!


If you haven't heard yet, all your worries are gone. You need never experience anything uncomfortable again.  Think you are a little overweight... no problem. Have too much debt, no worries!  Miss your friends back home?  Take it off your mind.    Did you know that you can now get BLISS in a BOTTLE?  That's right, they sell it at Costco.  I am not sure how much it costs because yesterday our Costco was sampling BLISS for free.  Bliss should be free, don't you think?  Anyway, does it really matter how much it costs?  I mean, after all, this is BLISS we're talking about here!  Bliss, defined as "a state of extreme happiness."  The bottle promises "happiness in every bottle."  It says it enhances your mood, improves your memory, and increases your ability to handle stress.  Can I get this in IV form?  

In all seriousness, I think it's actually pretty sad that our culture markets things like this.  Our humanity is in such a sad state of affairs that we are turning to things in bottles called "bliss" and away from the Creator of true happiness.  But that's another post for a more heavy day.  Today we have fun stuff to talk about.  Just look for Bliss in your local market (they also have Sleep (self explanatory), Sonic (energy) and Gasm... which best I can figure is short for something... they call it "passion in a bottle.")

Meme sent us a goody box with supplies for our party.  I put the treat bags together in a cauldron and had a glow stick necklace for each child.  Turns out island children are severely deprived... they kept asking me where I found these things! :)




I'm a terrible mother.... this is the only good photo I got of Connor in his Halloween garb, and he's not even got on the accessories.

And here is the ONLY photo of Liam in his costume (which matched Connor's).... bad mommy!


This is Irma.... (see, it says so on the photo!)


She was on the beach last weekend when we went surfing....

Irma has a pretty good life.




The Monk Seal Preservationist people put up a rope around every Monk Seal that comes ashore on the beach.  We got right up to the rope, but apparently, that wasn't enough room for Irma because she lifted her head at one point, which apparently means that she is agitated.  So we had to move back.  About ten feet.  See, I told you Irma had a good life.


She lays on the beach all day long, protected by a 30 foot barrier from having to interact with other, "less desirable" beach-goers.  And all she has to do is give one forlorn look and there's someone right there to warn everyone that she is getting pissy!  How can I get a 30 foot buffer from interacting with the "less desirable" of the beach?  You know who you are.... you SAND THROWERS!

The drive home from the beach was a little boring... so I entertained myself by making pretty designs with my camera and the taillights of other cars.  



Mama's got a brand new do....  It's terrible, really!  I wore a wig for Halloween... it looked better than my real hair.  And fake eyelashes.  I forgot how much I love fake eyelashes.  I'm wearing them again today... because I can... and they're fun! 


My little Sleeping Beauty (what an oxymoron, this child never sleeps!)


Love that she wanted to wear her cowboy boots with her dress!


See that lightening coming out of her eyes?  That's REAL!  She can really do that!  Just ask her brothers!


Those eyes.... oh those eyes.... they cast a spell on me!


Hebrews 4:14-16 (The Message)

"Now that we know what we have - Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God - let's not let it slip through our fingers.  We don't have a priest who is out of touch with our reality.  He's been through weakness and testing, experienced it all - all but the sin.  So let's walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give.  Take the mercy, accept the help."
 

3 comments:

Amy said...

YOU make me laugh. Very hard. Like belly laugh. Shame on you! My daughter is trying to sleep in the next room! Darn it -- there I go again, and it's all your fault.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures. Meg has such captivating eyes. (even with lightning)

And, I am laughing my tail off STILL at the garlic bread left in the oven. However, part of my laughter is caused by the fact that *I* stored my freshly baked birthday cakes in the oven over night last weekend, only to turn the oven on the next morning and realized I was re-baking one. Maybe we're related?

Barb said...

Like Amy said, you totally crack me up. Irma is the one who did me in this post.

btw, maybe Meg and Sofia are related . . . because she, too, can spew lightning from her eyes (just ask her brothers!):)

carolinagirl said...

Good thing Costco is on my to-do list today! Ha!!!

Looks like the kiddos had a great WARM Halloween!

Love your new "do"!!!