My mom is so much more than what she "does" for me, but there is no short list of those things either.
- She sends me money for little frivolous things that she knows I want (and sometimes big things too.)
- She buys Meg the most adorable clothes, she sends packages to all my kids on a regular basis, just because she knows they like mail, even if it's just a pack of gum, they get excited.
- She comes to most every event the kids are involved in, which is a pretty good accomplishment, considering they are 3 hours away (well, right now they are about 30 hours away, but when we are home.) They aren't afraid to drive up for the day if it's something important in the life of a grandchild.
- She taught me about trusting God, the power of prayer, and serving others. She gave me an inheritance of salvation and that is the best thing I could have ever gotten from anyone.
- She never criticizes my choices or forces her opinions on me. She will SOMETIMES give her advice, but ONLY if she is asked for it. (And sometimes when you ask, she still won't tell you what she thinks. Boy, I sure didn't inherit that trait from her!)
- She reminds me all the time of how lucky we both were to have been loved and cared for by my Granma (her mom) for as long as we were and she reminds me of the legacy I have to uphold.
- There is not one thing I could not ask her for or that she would not give me. I could call her any hour, day or night, and she would do anything for me, no questions asked. Oh I hope I can be that for my children. It's the "any hour" thing I'm struggling with right now... those hours after 10 PM are pretty sacred when you have wee ones. hehehe
- There is SO much more about my mom that I am thankful for, there's really not enough time or space here, but I think you get the picture.
I'm really irritated and ashamed that this is the only photo I could find of my mom on this computer. I have SO many more photos of her on my computer at home, her with my kids, her at events like soccer games and baptisms, etc. And this is not even a good photo because my mom isn't particularly a dog lover (she just happened to think this little pup was cute... Yes, Sandra, that is Rocky!) She's not looking at the camera, so you can't see her sweet face, but hopefully you can tell by her smile how easy she is to be with and how sweet she is. She is a beautiful woman. She always looks put together, her shoes always match! :) She is so precious to me and I can never repay all the ways that she has enriched me. I just hope I can pass some of it on to my children. As I get older I think so many times of some of the things I was told over and over as a child and they make so much sense to me and are so preicous to me, I want my children to understand them too!
“Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you. "