The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks - Day 5

I am so thankful for this island and all the adventure it is bringing to our family, both big and small new experiences.  


I'm thankful that we have family here this week, our first holiday away from home in a very long time.  It's so much fun to share all these amazing things we've come to love with people we love.


My mother-in-law is a ton of fun.  I love having her around.  She's just really the best mother-in-law anyone could ever ask for!

She loves me, true.  But she loves Brian like no other... and being the mother of three boys, I can say I understand!


My niece is here too.  I was SO excited to see her.  She lived around the corner from me for most of her life and I have missed this little toot!


To say I am thankful for the wedding that she and Connor had last night, in which they got married (big lip kiss and all), and then promptly got "divorced", might be a bit of a stretch, but I'm sure we'll look back on it and laugh some day!


I'm thankful my children are getting this little dose of home.  I think we all needed it.


And most of all, today, I am thankful that these idiots....


I mean... loved ones....


crucial earners members of our family.... 


Who may or may not be facing mid and late-life crises.... 


Who are lamenting celebrating their 60th and 40th birthdays in a most ridiculous and absurd way... and who took two of my babies AND my niece into the crises with them....  


Did not actually get eaten... 


by these!


Amen! 




















2 comments:

Barb said...

I have loved every one of your being thankful posts.

I am thankful for you, Friend!

Happy Thanksgiving!! (are you cooking your turkey luau-style?)

Lindsay said...

Big Fish!