The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quote of the Day

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.  Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.  It's more important than the past, than education; than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.  It's more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill.  It will make or break a company, a church, a home.  The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.  We cannot change our past.... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.  We cannot change the inevitable.  The only thing we can do is plan on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.... I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it.  And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes!"

by Charles Swindoll

Charles Swindoll was someone my Granma read alot.  She has been gone one year.  And I still find that her wisdom is immeasurable and shows up for me, guiding me, all the time in the most unlikely of places.  I found this quote laminated, in a box, in my attic, as we were cleaning out this weekend.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

3 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

That quote is so true...
Chuck is a wise man.

EJ and Grace said...

Wow! I needed this today! I just posted on my blog about how trials seem so consuming but when we die the trials won't mean anything and all that will really matter is if we glorified God through the trials. Then I pranced on over to your blog and BAM! attitude! I think God is working on me today and it hurts but it feels so good!
Thanks for sharing this, love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh for goodness sake. I used that quote in a speech I did in high school. It's such a great one! Loved reading it here tonight. thanks for posting!!