The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Monday, March 15, 2010

Not Me Monday

Being married to an Irish guy has it's benefits.  Sometimes it's fun to be Irish, even if it's by marriage.  This is a St. Patrick's version of Not Me Monday.

We did not attend the Brew Festival this weekend where there were somewhere around 90 beers to sample.

I did not go all out for the occasion and neither did my friends!  See!


We did NOT have a new babysitter, who my children loved.  They did not ask me today if I would please go somewhere so Amy could come back over.  Oh brother!  I wonder if it had anything to do with her brow piercing that they loved????  Seriously, this is one fun young lady, and VERY sweet.

Brian and I are not still in the "reentry zone" from our vacation.  I think coming back after being away is harder than staying put because you get "out of the groove" with all the schedules and routines.  My mother-in-law, of course, did NOT have all the entire house in tip top shape, only to have it wrecked by us in about an hour.  Seriously folks, I think the uncommon denominator is me and Brian.  She managed to keep the kids and the house clean and my nephew was here with her so she had 5.  Brian and I managed to let it get completely out of control in less than 24 hours.  Oh well, maybe it's 'cause we're still in vacation mode?????

We are not at all excited about Wednesday because of the Leprechaun shenanigans at our house.  Remember last year when the leprechaun peed in the toilet, drank out of the milk carton, and used up all the pop-tarts?  I am sure he will have some equally impish tricks up his sleeve this year!

On a non-St. Patrick's note, our cat is quite a good mouser.  He comes up with moles and mice about twice per week. But last week he came up with... gulp... a baby bunny.  Meg and I did NOT stand over the body of that bunny and gawk speechlessly at the poor thing.  Then Connor and my neighbors son did NOT walk up five minutes later and say, "Cool!  Let's get something and poke it to see if it moves."  I ask you, if anyone ever told you that the differences between men and women were "learned" behaviors, did that person ever raise a boy?  I think not!

Hop on over to MckMama's and see what other folks aren't up to this week.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Now that is one funny post!
Love the photo!
Green works for you! :o)
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Aha! So YOU are one of the green wigged folks my daughter was asking about! We had dinner at Mellow Mushroom the other night