The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I don't know how to title this one....

The following is a fairly long article that was written in a local newspaper this week.  It will take you about 15 minutes to read it, but it's worth it.  It challenges everything we know about "church" today!  It says everything I've been missing in our current "church" congregation.  Where, I want to know, is there a church near me that is throwing it's doors wide, emptying it's coffers, and actually TOUCHING people?  Not reaching them, but actually physically touching them?  I don't know, but if someone in my area knows of a church where the pastor makes less than the designation for the homeless, if the church building doesn't have plasmas everywhere while babies die, then that's where I want to be... I just don't know how to find you!  To be quite honest, I'd happily give up "church" altogether if someone could lead my family in "living" the Scripture on Sunday morning instead of hearing it!

Happy reading!


Unto Us A Child is Lost: A Lenten Tale of Metanoia

2 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I want to come back later and read...but wanted to thank you for your comment about the beach. Yes, this is the first trip to the panhandle. We will be going the end of July...are you in for a beach trip?

Ian said...

Funny about your comment about churches. We have to churches in our area. One is big and nice and the other is run out of a strip center. The big one is mainly anglo while the small one is primarily hispanic. But I keep going back to the small church because it is so much more real than the big one. I am sure there are great people in the big church but for me I will stay with the small. They always have a smile for me when I go there even though sometimes I can't understand a word they are saying!