The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Monday, February 22, 2010

Is Cosmo Real?

Or is it spelled Cozmo when it's a name?  Because it appears that Meg has an invisible friend named Cosmo.  She talks about him all the time.  She tells me if he has a fever or is crying, or just needs to be held.  The boys think that Cosmo is the character in a movie, but I don't think so.  As far as I know she hasn't seen any movie with a character named Cosmo, so it appears that she has been visited by her guardian angel and his name is Cosmo.  (I heard a long time ago that maybe our guardian angels are actually invisible friends as children.  Sounds sweet enough.)

I have been.... gasp.... cough..... back of hand to forhead..... dieting.  Sort of!  I mean, I'm not really dieting as much as I am depriving myself of all the really good food in life.  Like Girl Scout cookies.  I didn't realize when I ordered all 10 boxes that I would be trying to cut back by the time they arrived.  This is for the birds!

Now, wanted to just leave you with a few photos of the remodel we did in our attic.

Before:


The old carpet and the "tear out" portion of the redo.


This is the before before... meaning before there was ANYTHING, there was attic.



That gray door was the old attic door.  Now it's a nice four foot opening.



And Liam sleeps in here.  We call it Lego land because it's where he plays Lego.  And his cave where he sleeps! 



More shots of the cave.  I couldn't get far enough away to get a shot all at once.



This is the Lego land portion.  I know it looks like the ceiling is plywood, but it's actually bead board.



Connor's side is decorated in a cowboy theme.  Which came in handy because my dad is a cowboy so we had lots of "props" from his house.  These were his boots when he was a kid.  They are now decor on Connor's bookshelf.  The stuffed shirt (pillow) behind the boots was also my dads as a kid.



These holsters were my dad's.  The horseshoe hook they are hanging on is one my dad made a while back to use as a hat rack for the nursery, but it works out perfectly for a holster hanger too! :)



I bought this old license plate from a junk dealer.  I don't know if you can see it, but there are two little rodeo themed lapel pins on the cowboy pillow.



The curtain that is hung on Connor's bedroom entrance was actually the curtain on my dad's windows when he was a kid.  They are "Roy Rogers".  The hankie that's tied around it was also my dad's.  It's Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.  The little red chair looks so cute in there next to the Rodeo poster.  

As a result of our upstairs redo, there is NO furniture downstairs except for our dining room table.  We moved all the old living room furniture up to what used to be the shared bedroom of the little boys.  Now that their beds are in the former attic, we have a "play room" with a TV and the video games so the adults have reclaimed the downstairs!  Praise be! 

That's the last of the exciting home tour until after the downstairs furniture arrives.  Hope you enjoyed seeing how a big family can cram themselves into EVERY SQUARE INCH of a three bedroom house! :)  I really believe that if we need any more space, we'll either have to move up to the big attic (with the pull down stairs) or we will officially have to get a new house.  :(

9 comments:

Ian said...

Are you sure she has not been watching Nickelodeon on TV? Because Cosmo is a character on Fairly Oddparents. He is married to Wanda. And boy could I tell you a lot about him! We have tried in vain to stop the younger kids from watching but it seems like every time we turn around the TV is set back to that show or Spongebob Squarepants.

Bethany said...

I'm totally impressed that you guys did your remodeling yourself. We would still be sitting in a GIANT mess! I love the special touches that you put in Liam's room. Adorable!

The Stums said...

I keep waiting for one of my kids to have an imaginary friend, but none so far. My special pals as a kindergartner were Jenny GreenTeeth and Andy Roach-o. I miss those guys.

Angela Knight said...

Good job! Looks great!

Lindsay said...

Hannah has two imaginary dogs. They just came on holiday with us to Prague. It's quite disturbing being told off by a two year old for standing on an invisible dog!

Barb said...

Love the hideouts the boys have - the cowboy decor is my fav!

I sound Irish?

Kimmie said...

Imaginary friends...I remember the days with my oldest.

We refinished an attic space (into a bedroom) this fall. My heart is with you ;-)


Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

lori said...

I love your new room! I'm sure the boys love their new "man cave". Miss you girl!

Mercy Langille said...

I love how you've made each of your children's rooms personalised. They look really good.