The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Monday, February 15, 2010

Tour of Homes

This is probably only of interest to those who have seen my house... but I have a few shots of the work we've been doing around the house.

Remember the aprons?  They are still there, in Meg's room.  These aprons belonged to my two grandmothers.  The lighting is terrible in this photo, but the walls are a soft pink and the tin panel the aprons hang from are pink, cream and green.


This is Meg's bow holder.  It's attached to her closet door, which is covered in a soft green striped toile with pink designs.  


Meg's bed, it looks red in the photo.  I hate this lighting.  It's actually a very nice bright pink color.  This bed was originally brass and belonged to my paternal grandmother and aunt.  When my grandmother died, my aunt was going to throw it out so she asked if I might want it!  :)  Well, yeah! 


Another one of the bed.



This quilt was in the bottom of a box of stuff I got from my Grandmother's house when she died.  I was actually thinking most of the stuff inside was junk, and most of it actually was.  But this quilt and a box of letters from my uncle and my dad when they were in basic training were both inside the box! :)


My mom and her friend pieced and quilted this for Meg.  I love the Holly Hobby type dolls.  I had a quilt on my wall when I was little that my grandmother made me with a very similar theme.  


This was actually also in the box from my Grandmother.  It was a bedspread, but it worked very nicely as a curtain. 


These dolls were the ones the lady gave me at the adoption conference a while back.  Remember the lady who said, "God told me to give these to you"?  Well, these are the Russian mother and daughters that she gave to me.  I love them. They now hang on Meg's door.  


So, that's it.  Meg's room... I'll show my room and Jack's room soon.  Jack's room is the biggest difference right now.  Of course, the two little boys both have new rooms, but it's hard to show you their space because it's so tiny you can't get a photo of it.  But everyone has officially got their own bed in their own floor space and that's priceless.  

Hope you are all having a great Monday night.  

Happy Birthday Vitaly Lubimov!  We love you! 

3 comments:

Barb said...

Love it! Can't wait to see more!

Mercy Langille said...

What a pretty setup. I hope to be able to do that for my daughter one day.

The Stums said...

Wow, I love her room--so sweet. I really, really dig home improvement projects, but our best ones seem to come just when we want to sell our house. Why is that???!!