The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Who goes out for donuts and comes home with......



Well, I do... of course! :)

See, Connor wanted a bunny. We've had a bunny before. She met with a very untimely demise at the hands of some vicious serial killers (a.k.a. the neighbors dogs.... who also killed our first cat, but that's another story.) Anyway, in an effort to convince Connor that bunnies are not really great pets for a five year old, that they are alot of work, don't like to be carted around, scratch, chew, etc. I took him to the shelter to visit with a bunny. He was not convinced that he didn't want one, but he didn't cry when I said we couldn't get him. He was probably convinced, but didn't want to admit it. Anyway, on the way out, the "nice" lady behind the desk offered to let Meg and Connor hold the teddybear hamster that was up for adoption. Um... okay! And $10 later I'm headed home with a hamster, cage, water bottle, wheel, tiny hamster bed, feeding dish and tube. Okay, I'm off to the tattoo parlor for my giant "Sucker" sign to be permanently engraved in my forehead. How many people can say they "rescued" a hamster? :)

I know somewhere in Leviticus it says we should take care of the animals! I know it's in there!

15 comments:

Bethany said...

I love it! I have sucker across my forehead too. That is why we have 'rescued' two extra dogs from my neighbors. Now, we have a new cat that found us. After feeding him for several weeks, he decided he liked us. I just can't say no to animals or kids! Unfortunately, animals are a lot easier to get....

Kim said...

Adorable!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

the pictures say it all ... i am so glad you are my friend and keep me laughing !!! post below is so sweet and humbling to me ... thanks for going and just being my friend !!!!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

You must have watched that new Guinea pig movie (g-force?) one too many times! That is the cutest little rodent I think I have ever seen! and 10.00 really was a great deal!

You may have also just solved his problem with his brothers going to school!

Ondrea...you have such a big heart. I love ya!

Kristine

Carol said...

I love your house, it is something new every day. I just love it!

Lindsay said...

Sucker :)

But come on - look at Connor's face. The boy is in love.

Anonymous said...

Oh seriously....LOOK AT HIM!!!!

Nicole said...

That is about the only thing I have not brought home! How cute!
Nic

findingourdaughter said...

LOL....
Although I'm not glad one of my sons has tons of allergies to animals....it does keep me in check as far as pets go.....and doesn't allow me to "rescue" any.
That little hamster is cute though! Have fun!!

lori said...

Well, if it's any consolation; our hamster lived about 3 years after he got an absessed tooth and had to be put to sleep. Can you believe I paid $100 for that because I couldn't let it suffer!

Amy said...

You're so funny! I went to the fish store and came home with a cat once... but NEVER for donuts!!

Tracy said...

oh yeah, we've rescued a couple of hamsters! life expectancy?---one lasted 4 years, the next on lasted 1 month. I do think it depends on if the kids build hamster obstacle courses and create an olympic atmosphere for them to keep in shape--- i'm thinking nash overdid the last one's workouts! :(

what's his name??

Tracy said...

oh yeah, we've rescued a couple of hamsters! life expectancy?---one lasted 4 years, the next on lasted 1 month. I do think it depends on if the kids build hamster obstacle courses and create an olympic atmosphere for them to keep in shape--- i'm thinking nash overdid the last one's workouts! :(

what's his name??

Barb said...

Connor looks so happy! And, it's either the perspective, or that is the biggest hamster I've ever seen!

At first, I was so confused by the last comment you left on my blog . . .I had to read it twice to figure out it was you! Yet another blogger ID? . . .

carolinagirl said...

That is the cutest picture! My boys really want a guinea pig, but I am holding off for now. We already have 2 mini dachshunds and they have no part in the care-giving! :)