The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Monday, January 26, 2009

Not Me Monday

Is it Monday again already? Head over to MckMama's blog for some rockin' good confessions by moms just like you, who most certainly did NOT do any of the things that are being confessed from the trenches of motherhood.



I have not started and been diligent with my Project 365. And I have not implemented some of the photography lessons from MckMama and LOVED the results. I'll post them here later!

I was NOT up virtually all night with a sort of sick kiddo. That did not happen. Nope, I was not up from 3:30 AM and I did not look at the clock at 7:57 and wonder how in the heck I was going to make it through the day. This most certainly does NOT mean I will be drinking more coffee than I should, which will not have me jittering with a false level of alertness all day long. I know this will make me crash and need more coffee by 3, which will keep me up late again tonight, so why on earth would I do THAT?

I was not in such a foul mood when I was trying to get my two oldest kids out the door that I sent them out the door and immediately regretted how grumpy and evil I was. I did NOT yell at them. I did not get brush Liam's teeth too roughly because he was being so pokey and we were running late. I did not flag down the bus and have him RUN to catch it so I wouldn't have to get the other kids dressed to drive him to school. I am not now planning to have lunch with him (by surprise) to make up for the Mommy Dearest routine this morning.

I am not one of those people who feels guilt when I fail miserably at being the mother I want to be. Because, see, that would require me to first fail, which of course, I do not do. I always get it right and am always something akin to June Cleaver. NOT!

I do not wear the same jeans for days on end without washing them, but fuss at my kids for doing the same. That would be a double standard and of course, I always strive to teach by example.

You will not catch me blogging/e-mailing/reading while my kids are awake because they always get 100% of my undivided attention.

I am absolutely not struggling to get through the next hour, much less the day, on about five hours of sleep (not much of which occurred after 3:30 AM, and I am not feeling overwhelmed by the thought that it will be another nine hours before my husband comes home to offer any level of relief. I am not just trying to put on a happy face for Meg and Connor, even though all I really want to do is go crawl into my bed.

I certainly do not feel like a total whiner for complaining about this. I do not think I should be ashamed of myself because I can't pull this off with two kids on five hours of sleep when Katie is pulling it off with, what is it now, 18, on almost no sleep at all. I do not have it unbelievably easy compared to all the folks who are in the throes of transition, like my friend, Barb. I most certainly don't remember waking up and dreading the day, so I certainly am not now feeling guilty for being such a mamby pampy whining whimp over one foul night. Nope, not me, because I am so much tougher than that. I am such a better mommy and I am just not a part of the equation here!

I am sure there are several other things I did not mean to confess today, but in the fog of my not tired brain, I certainly can't think of any more!

**** Update **********

I also DID NOT end up bringing said offended kid home from school after said surprise lunch... I did not bring him home because there are not 50 (that's 5-0 folks) kids out with a virus from school today and the teacher did not tell me that he has felt bad all morning, further adding to the guilt I am in anguish over... because, you see, that this means that I was mean to my kid when he was SICK. That would certainly never happen... come on, I'm not THAT bad!

They are not predicting (maybe) snow and ice for the area in the next two days. Please God, no, we have only had one full week of school since Christmas break... are you TRYING to break me here?

I did NOT laugh at Lauren's first AND second comment on my blog about the Bible verse... I'm so glad I am not the only one out there who can't keep it all together. And I so did not need the laugh anyway. And then I also did not go look up Meredith's verse and thank God for blogs and people who I don't know who lift my spirits and keep my feet on the path. I love this verse, thanks Meredith, and I will be putting that one on the fridge poste haste!

Judges 16:16
"With such nagging she prodded him day after day until he was tired to death."

9 comments:

lsnellings said...

I am so glad I am not the only one!! BTW, I looked up Judges 16:16 and was not surprised to find it didn't exist. I am going to remember it anyways as wise words to live by! Thanks for the laugh! I hope tomorrow is a better day!

lsnellings said...

So I have to correct my earlier comment. I am blaming it on trying to read the bible with preschoolers crawling on me. JOSHUA 16:16 doesn't exist. Judges 16:16 is now my new favorite verse! Thanks!

Meredith said...

Oh my word, you sound like me. So glad I popped on over from MckMama...

My verse that helps me get through the day? 2 Samuel 22:29-33

I often refer to my kids as my troop. This verse gets me every time!

Anonymous said...

You're so normal. My kids were among those who had to be driven to school this morning. :D

Lindsay said...

:)

Hope you get caught up on the sleep.

Nicole said...

I am really glad that my DH does not read your blog. He might have a shirt made with that verse written in bold, black letters!You really make me laugh!
Nic

Julie said...

I hope your day gets better. I have a 5 month old and I don't remember the last time I slept more than 3 hours in a row...so I feel your pain.

Jane Anne said...

I do not love it when I can relate to other people's Not Me posts.
I wear my jeans way more than I want to admit before washing them. I do not get frustrated with myself for failing as a mom. Ugh! That's the worst one.
Sorry to hear your kids have been sick.

Check out my Not Me! Monday Post

Unknown said...

Ondrea, This is so funny. I was looking up the weather report for tomorrow because the news said it may be icy in the morning. After pulling up the weather report on the internet to confirm, I googled "Will fssd close tomorrow due to ice" and it took me to your blog. I want to know when you have time to blog!!!!!
Sharon