Michelle (my adoption rock!) just tagged me! Okay, six random facts about myself.... well, that's hardly going to be entertaining, but here goes.
1. I first felt the "call" to adopt while I was on-line late one night looking for information on how to adopt a retired racing Greyhound. It was about 2 AM and I was a terrible "googler" (Still am) and came across photo listings of kids instead of dogs. I went and woke Brian up out of a dead sleep and made him come look at all the pictures. He should have known then he was in trouble, we had only been married about a month. Still, here we are 11 years and three adoptions (one birth) later, and he survived it all! :)
2. I grew up on a semi-farm. We raised beef cattle. My dad used to break horses as a second job and we had an arena in our field beside our house. One time, he broke horses for Loretta Lynn's dude ranch and I got to go with him to deliver them back to her after they were broke. I didn't meet Loretta, but I met her husband Mooney. I was only six or so, and from that point on, Loretta Lynn was like my most favorite person in the whole wide world. I loved her dresses and thought she was the bomb! Another thing we had on our farm was a bull riding practice arena. All the cowboys from the UTM rodeo team would come to our house to practice riding bulls. This was NOT a bad thing for a high school girl. The only drawback was that it was my responsibility to water the bulls (and horses and dogs and cats) and I was TERRIFIED of the bulls!
3. I have brought home homeless animals all my life and often used to lie to my parents and make up stories about where these animals mysteriously appeared from! :) I'm still a sucker for homeless pets and foster dogs (from Middle Tennessee Golden Retriever Rescue) still have a way of "showing up" at our house, much to my sweet hubbies chagrin.
4. When B and I were in Fryazino adopting our second son, we met a little African boy who stole my heart. We took pictures of him and the nanny's paraded him in front of us every day, showing us his fine motor skills, etc. and asking if we could help find him a home. I gave the photos to a few folks who have a strong heart for adoption, and a friend of a friend of a friend decided they wanted to pursue his adoption. He now lives one street over from me, but I didn't know the family at the time they saw his photo. He is a doll and I am SO thankful for God allowing me to be part of his coming home. And I'm so thrilled that he lives around the corner and is one of four kids in an amazing family!
5. I actually know TWO people who know Bono and one person who knows Sting. :) I'm practically famous!
6. Brian and I lived in the East Bay area of San Francisco for a VERY short time right after we got married. I LOVED it! It was collectively some of the best months of my life and I have the fondest memories of there. It was a great way to start a marriage.
So here are the rules if I tag you...
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random facts about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged.
6. Let the taggers know when your entry is up.
And I am tagging:
Barb in Finland (thanks for the Nestle research and I'm PRAYING hard for our little Sophia) who's adopting from St. Petersburg any day now.
Becky, super cool chick who just taught me to make the little linky thing in my post body... and she's created a monster, I use a link in almost every post. Also, she is the mother to Meg's possible future husband because I am all about arranged marriages!
Grace, my sweet sister-in-law, who always comes through for me EVERY time I need her. And did I mention she's the best aunt in the entire world! :)
Heather, the only other suburban mom I personally know (not counting cyber friends) who actually HAS a blog!
Katie, who is a personal hero of mine. And if you haven't checked out what God can do with a young life, then you really need to check out Katie's blog. I am tagging her because I am very, very interested to see what six random facts she will have to say about herself!
and Nicole, who I don't know, but she left a comment on my blog and I know she's getting ready to leave for China and just needs about one more thing to think about before she goes... and for some reason, I really connected with her "not me" list so I want to see what her six random things are! :)
Thanks for playing! :)