The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Monday, September 15, 2008

It's a big secret, don't tell anyone!

Okay, since I know you won't tell anyone, I think it's okay to share this story with you.

Liam has a girlfriend. I am not saying too much because I don't want to give away her identity and I also don't want to make him mad, but it's the cutest thing you've ever seen. He is in L-O-V-E with this cutie pie in his class. He comes home and looks at her photo in the yearbook and kisses it. Funny! And he apparently talks about her on the bus non-stop. And he knows she rides bus 40, which I think must mean she lives in Maplewood? Anyway, he's smitten. This is how the conversation went last Thursday.

Liam: Mom, I'm getting married.
Me: Great! Tell me about her.
Liam: Her name is X and she told me she wants to marry me. She said she thought alot about it and she just has to follow her heart.
Me: That's the cutest thing I've ever heard!

Then on Friday it went like this:
Me: Liam, how was your girlfriend today?
Liam: We broke up!
Me: Awww, why?
Liam: First I kissed her and she fell down on the grass and fainted. I kissed her right on the lips.
Me: Is that why she broke up with you?
Liam: No, she broke up with me because... ummm, I don't want to tell you. (he finally did end up telling me, but it was something that only made sense to a first grader.)

Today's conversation went like this:
Liam: X and I are back together.
Me: Oh good, she decide she couldn't live without you?
Liam: No, she said she was going to give me one more chance because she really wants to marry me. And oh, we played together on the playground, which helped her change her mind!

Oh my gosh, don't you wish all disputes could be settled so easily? You get mad (just like in first grade, it's usually over something stupid) and then you just sort of forget why you were mad because you're so busy having fun together. It would probably help if we were all as cute as Liam and his little crush, but nonetheless, I think there's a lesson here for me! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, huh? What's with those Maplewood girls on bus 40? *ahem*