The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A much needed rest

We now interrupt this regularly scheduled blog for a test of the emergency stress relief system! Our family is heading out this afternoon for a much needed "time out" at the beach. I'm so excited to be going. I love the beach. It's supposed to be cold while we're there, but I don't even care. Just sitting on the sand, even in a sweatshirt, brings my blood pressure down. :)

When you get ready to leave for a long weekend, you really realize how many pets you have. I farmed out the hamster and the frog (yes, we "inherited" one of the class frogs from Jack's teacher!), hired a dog sitter for Vince, and asked the neighbors to come over and love on the cat. (Is it a sign of how much I love the animal if I use their name vs. their species?) Whew! I did ask my sister-in-law to keep the hamster... you know, the same sister-in-law who left her beloved Bichon with me when SHE went to FL... I'm thinking maybe the hamster will disappear for a few days while I'm gone, just so I can know how it felt. hehehe Little does she know that was my evil plan all along. bwahahahahaha

Hebrews 12:20-21

"May God, who put all things together, makes all things whole, Who made a lasting mark through the sacrifice of Jesus, the sacrifice of blood that sealed the eternal covenant, Who led Jesus, our Great Shepherd, up and alive from the dead, now put you together, provide you with everything you need to please Him, make us into what gives Him most pleasure, by means of the sacrifice of Jesus, the Messiah. All glory to Jesus forever and always! Oh, yes, yes, yes!"

6 comments:

Barb said...

Have a great weekend! Thanks for the pep-talk comment . . . you missed *it* because I happened to be sitting at the computer when it came in, read it and then deleted:-)

carolinagirl said...

oh have a great weekend. the beach is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PLACE - especially the NC coast. I told JC this week that maybe that is what is wrong with me...we traveled to Russia so much that we have not made it down since Labor Day. I need some beach therapy! There's just something about that endorphin release the first time i hear those waves crashing!

have a great time...sooo jealous.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I am jealous too...the beach is such a wonderful place...it helps to look out and see that great big ocean and remind ourselves that we are just a tiny part of this huge world that God created...and He loves us...above all of it. That always blows me away. Take lots of pictures..I can't wait to see them.

Now go build a sand castle girl.

Kristine

Craig and Phyllis said...

I have not commented before on your blog, but have enjoyed reading it.

I hope you have a great relaxing weekend at the beach. My husband just gave me a couple days off the beginnning of this week, and it has been wonderful. Certainly helped in bringing the stress level down several notches.

Thanks for all you do for the cause of the orphan! Your blog has been a blessing!

Lindsay said...

I'm jealous.... have a wonderful trip. Hope the hamster makes it.

Nicole said...

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!