The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Monday, July 06, 2009

I love you... I love you not!


Dear Blackberry, I love you! I love the technology of your scheduling and tasking capabilities! I love that you allow me to "ping" my husband when I add important events to my calendar that HE TOO needs to attend (like kids' plays and certain doctors appointments.) I love that since I met you, I have not missed ONE birthday party. Not one! And any friend of my children will tell you that this is a most unusual accomplishment for me.
I did not even want to meet this you, Blackberry. I was pressured into it by my husband and friends who said I had fallen behind the times with my cute little pink flip phone. They made me do it! And though I have come to love you, I can't go on like this anymore. It's really not you, it's me! I have become too obsessed, too attached, it's not good for either one of us. I vowed when I met you that I would not become one of "those" people who checked their e-mail during meaningful events and face to face conversations, but alas, I was caught red handed today at my boys' last swim meet of the season. You just make it too easy to read the blog comments and I can't help myself! And then there are all the friendships that are falling by the wayside because of you. Sure, I'm easier to reach now. But how can anyone possibly expect me to respond to my e-mail on that tiny little keyboard of yours. I was determined not to be one of those "one line response, abbreviated word people" who think I'm appeased by their signature that says, "Pardon the Brevity, sent from my Blackberry." But what's a girl to do? I have normal human hands! To soften the blow, I'd like to introduce you to one of my daughter's friends. Her name is Barbie. You guys would be perfect for one another... her hands are practically made for your keyboard.
Signed,
Big-fingered Addict

6 comments:

Lora said...

lol. I discovered last week that my phone supports google reader and I was quite excited!

I found you through Getting to Know You...have a great day!

Carol said...

Oh Ondrea, I never thought you would go to the "dark side" - I am sticking with my flip phone I won't succumb. Good luck with the break up, I think you will need a support group. :)

Thanks for keeping me in laughs.

Wanda said...

I can't even think of handling such a hot commodity! I'm way too simple! Blogging has made me grow up in a mighty techie way!

Love your sweet blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ondrea . . . that was just way toooo funny!
Barb

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Good one!
I too went to the "dark" side recently.
I whole-heartedly agree with the small keyboard.
I messed up so often, it was probably as time consuming as my old flip phone.
sigh.
I feel your pain.

Joyeful said...

This is too cute!! And you almost made me want to buy one! almost! I still love my trusty lil wal-mart knock-off that has been through rain, rocks, and the dryer. I keep going back to it--every time the other's break! : )

Nice to meet you ( I hopped over from Lynette's) and I love your adoption story!!! Praise God!!