The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Monday, June 01, 2009

Not Me Monday

It has NOT been months since I participated in a Not Me Monday. Nope, not me, I would not lose attention for something fun like a blog carnival and then suddenly remember that I enjoyed it... oh look, there's a chicken....

If you aren't familiar with Not Me Monday, then you have got to head over to take a look at MckMama's blog. You might find that there are alot of other folks out there NOT doing all the same stuff you're not doing either! :)

I want you all to know that I absolutely DO NOT check all the comments on my blog BEFORE I read my other e-mails. I mean, how silly would that be? The folks who are e-mailing me directly probably have something to say in relation to something of relative reality... not just comment on what I have been thinking about. So really, it would be pretty vain of me to care more about what folks think of my thoughts than what they are reaching out to me for directly, right? So I would never do that, I just wanted to assure you all of that.

I did NOT attend my sister-in-law's Pharmacy School Graduation last Thursday. My sweet sister-in-law, who really, I am so lucky that my brother fell in love with so I could have a sweet sister to go along with my rockin' little bro! And while I was at her graduation in Memphis, I did not sit next to one of the most useless people on the planet. He did not yawn VERY loudly several times during the ceremony and he did NOT stay seated during the prayer AND the pledge of allegiance, as if he just couldn't be bothered to make the effort. And I was not thinking the entire time that I wonder what person there was lucky enough to be so important in his life that he gave up a whole two hours for them (apparently very reluctantly at that.)

And, speaking of my rockin' family, my brother and sister-in-law did NOT take, oh, say, 15 people, to Texas de Brazil for dinner after the graduation and PAY FOR THE WHOLE THING! (It's like they think she's getting ready to have a paycheck or something.) Seriously folks, they plunked down some major dough on this meal, but I think I found all the weight I lost when Meg came home while I was there. I'm pretty sure it had been left under that very table that I sat at this week. I'm still not sure how I left it there (or how it snuck back up on me), considering this was my first trip and all, but I assure you, that was, in fact, my weight. How do I know it was mine and not the previous patrons? Well, because it jumped right back onto all the exact same spots it was before Meg came home.... as if to say, "I've waited SO long for you to find me here." It's very happy hanging out right there on my butt. I can't say I was as happy to see it as it is apparently to see me, but it seems to be here to stay. Now, I think someone was doing a blog diet recently, maybe I need to go find them.

We did not go to the lake yesterday and take these fun photos. This is not the second time this season that we have had the boat out. I can't believe we've made it to the lake two weekends in a row, that's some kind of new record for us. Big fun, though.

Connor testing the waters
Liam and our buddy Luke, playing on the tube

It must be tough to be THIS cute!

Our sweet nephew, Brody, just chillin' on the boat

So much beauty in this photo my heart can barely look at it... Meg and our niece, Reilly


Have a great Monday. What have you not been up to this week?

1 comment:

Shauna and Ben said...

I'm a day behind reading all the NOT ME posts...but I liked your blog title..being a coffee addict myself (she says as she sips her 2nd iced coffee today). Great pics..beautiful kids!