The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Because Kids Live Here....






Lynnette Kraft does a blog carnival on Tuesdays that includes a photo challenge... this is titled "Because Kids Live Here..." which I think is totally brilliant. Because, well, there are LOTS of things at my house that only happen because kids do live here. For example:
This paratrooper has been standing guard over my kitchen for a few weeks now. He never tires of his responsibility and he doesn't eat much!


That's alot of elbows and knees on my sofa. Good thing we have a sectional... and not all boys present are actually pictured.


Since my middle son is a puzzle addict, there is almost always a puzzle strewn around my dining room table. This would be less of an issue if this wasn't where we eat dinner!



And that's it.... these things happen in my home, only because children live here. And that's also what makes this house a home!

8 comments:

Charisse said...

I love the paratrooper. That is sooo tyipical. As an aside, I have a puzzle (or two) strewn across my dining table. But not due to my child. It is due to my (fully grown 23 year old) temporary roommate who started it and then went on vacation for a week.

Bethany said...

Gotta love the title of this post! I know what you mean! I find all sorts of things in diapers...dolls, books, TV remotes, kitchen utensils...CRAZY! I posted this week's Publix shopping list on my blog. I also included a comment for you. :)

Drahdrah said...

I absolutely love your paratrooper, and his perfect location to protect the home... great pics !

Kristin said...

Love it! You're right....those are the things that make our house a home!

Unknown said...

The paratropper is awesome! What a great guard! :)

Kids all sprawled our, intermingled with each other...beautiful!

Great pics! Thanks for joining in the fun.

Barb said...

Yeah - I love the paratrooper too! Guess what - my local Chapters didn't have a copy of Crazy Love so I have to keep looking . . . Do we know what we're doing for a study yet?

Nicole said...

I love this title!!!! I think you should start posting this everyweek . Lord knows that I have enough of these kinds of photos to kee this going forever! Right now in my kitchen Barbie has been on the countertop held hostage at gun point by GI joe for 3 days!
Just think how boring our life would be without all the chaos and clutter these little kiddos bring to our lives!!!!!! I love it!
Nic

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

These are great pictures! Skippy has toys strung out everywhere. I usually find them in groups...like they are having a party or something...I love it.

Very fun blog carnival.

I was wondering the same thing as Barb...did we decide for sure on a book? waiting until fall? Let me know what you think.