The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Randm Thoughts Thursday

Okay, I'm leaving for Memphis in one hour for my fabulous sister-in-law's Pharm. school graduation (Congratulations Grace, I can't wait to share this moment with you that you've worked so hard for!) so I have to be quick. Here are some random thoughts floating around in my head that I just have to get out....

Can a cat die from too much love? Seriously, if this little guy survived the heart of stone that abandoned him, can my children now love him to death? They don't put him down. Ever!

I went to the African Children's Choir concert last night and let me tell you, it was a peak into heaven. Because only in heaven will I be able to move with as much rhythm as these children have. They were moved by the Spirit, clearly, and we were ALL blessed beyond measure. You should check them out and if they are in your area, please don't miss a chance to take the kids to see them. The children sat up front and danced along with the choir and it was a real blessing for young and old... and their stories are amazing. And you will realize that no matter what your situation, you are blessed if you are sitting in a house reading this blog! Of course, we had to represent our girl, Gwen, because you just know every one of us was thinking of little Joseph. So we were wearing our blue or orange T-shirts. Yes, we were matchy matchy, but it got alot of folks asking questions. What a great night!

My kids didn't attend the concert because they had a flag football game last night and LIAM ran for a 55 yard touchdown! Way to go Chiefs! :) (Sorry I missed it buddy.)

Yesterday we were in the car and I threw out a banana peel. The kids went nuts about littering and I told them it was okay to throw out food because it's bio-degradable. The car went silent for a minute and Connor said, "I just call it litter." :) Touche funny boy!

I cried all the way through the concert last night, my heart aches for the orphans of the world and all the pain! Why did God make hearts like mine and then bottle them up in a paralyzed world? There must be SOMETHING I'm supposed to do that's bigger than what I am doing. I'm telling you, people who think I'm doing a good job (and I know all three of you say that because you love me) have no idea how tiny my world is and how little impact I am making. I want to do MORE MORE MORE for Christ!

I'm going to leave you with the quote of the night. My friend Amie asked how to get involved with these kiddos and the most simple and philosophical response was given, this is my quote of the day.

"All you have to do is raise your hand!" Awesome!

3 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I bet the concert WAS incredible.

As far as the kitty goes, she probably needs the touch of the children so that he can feel loved...so little. Sad, sorry little RAT who threw him out of the window of a car...people are just sick and I think it happens more often than we would like to think about with animals..especially in the country.

I told my kids what you named him and they said "Mickey Mouse!" and then they said "what if it had been a mouse?" and I said...she wouldn't have stopped....but you Ondrea, might have.

Kristine

carolinagirl said...

CONGRATS to your SIL!!! I am a pharmacist too...not sure if you knew that or not. I know what a challenge she's had, and she should be proud of her accomplishment!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you know i am commenting on this one because it has my name ... hee hee ... you completely crack me up ... your posts go from Baby Killers to lake pictures to bible study to the almost smushed cat on road now sitting on your hubby's shoulder ... I LOVE YOU ... you are one sister that God meant to be in my life ...

you totally should have come over Saturday .... don't you know we laughed all day at us w/ 12 kids ...

P.S. help me find that post i need for the book !!