The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Not Me Monday


I did NOT misread an ice cream label in the grocery store and think it said, "Triple Chin". Then I did not chuckle to myself thinking, "Well, if they are going to name this stuff what it does to your body, I'm going to avoid the "Bigger Butt" and "Flabby Tummy." I then realized it said, "Triple Churn". Oh...

I did not have to sit up all night with a sick kiddo on Thursday night. My children wash their hands constantly so there is no way we could spread or pick up germs. My WHOLE family did NOT share a Coke about 2 hours before said kiddo started puking. We would not do that. I know how bad it is to share drinks with people and how likely we are to spread germs that way so I would never chance my WHOLE family getting sick like that. Jury is still out, by the way...

I did not get THE best deal on a camera from Tarzhay this week. I never get good deals (seriously, I'm not this lucky) so the fact that this happened to me made me try to call five people, but no one was as impressed as me. I did not get an ad from said retailer this week that advertised a Kod@k 10 meg digital camera for $79. When I got to the store, the actual price on the camera was not $179 and the sales person did not tell me that I was wrong about the price. I then did NOT proceed to drive home, get my ad, go back to said store and make them give me the camera at the advertised price, which I think might have turned out to be a big misprint, but they honored it nonetheless. I honored them by spending another $200 in their store on miscellaneous items. (I'm just trying to do my part for the economy and I saw on Fox today that said store profits were down by 2.4% this month... every little bit helps, right?) You might be wondering why I needed a new camera, considering I have the mac daddy cam that would be the first thing (after my kids) that I would run for in a fire. Well, my point and shoot got dropped one too many times last week and therefore, Favorite Photo Friday contained NO zoo shots... so I had to have something I could throw in my purse and my Canon definitely does not fit that description.

I did not take my kids to the zoo this week and have to borrow wipes from another mom because I was there without any. I am so much more prepared than that, I would never leave the house without all my supplies. (Don't tell anyone, but I also did NOT host a weenie roast for my son's birthday and forget to get buns... because that is not the kind of mom I am, but let's keep that little story between us!)

I did not leave town for the weekend and leave a load of laundry in the WASHER! And then on Monday when I realized what I had done, I did not smell them, go ahead and put them in the dryer and hope that the extra drier sheets would sort out the mildew smell.

Connor and I did not have alot of fun this afternoon making salt dough ornaments for the Christmas tree in his room. Nope, why would we do that, I wouldn't already have up THREE trees and be planning to put up a fourth as soon as the bus comes this afternoon! :) I tried, I really did try, not to just skip over the Thanksgiving decorations and skip straight to Christmas. But the stores didn't cooperate. Everywhere I go there is Christmas music and I will admit that their marketing ploy totally worked on me. Oh well, I was barely resisting anyway.

Happy Monday everyone!

5 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I have sooo not done that laundry thing before LOL

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Ahh, your blog name is so appropriate for me. Love me some caffeine! And Target! And stimulating the economy! Whoo!
Great not me's!!!

Carol said...

oh Ondrea your humor is all things domestic puts me to shame. Really with the Christmas? Tis the Season for some spending.

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

We had sick kiddos this week too! I must admit I am totally guilty of sharing drinks. Knock on wood I am the only one who has not yet thrown up!

Takin' time to smell the flowers! said...

I've so never done the dryer sheet thing (more times than I'll admit)too! I'm not even the slightest bit jealous of your fancy pants camera, nor of the deal that you got on the snap and shoot! I'm not even the jealous type, duh! Great Not me! post...:)