The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Cheap Jeans

Okay, I got a very funny post on my Facebook "Wall". It went as follows:

"So. The jeans ... shrunk 3 inches. Whatever you do, don't spill on them. Don't walk in any puddles of water. Don't let any kiddos touch them. Don't breath on them wrong. They will shrink. Love, me"

This is from Heather over at Highly Caffeinated. I ran into her at school on Friday during the Halloween Parties. I was wearing a pair of jeans that I just bought and she commented that she had the same ones and had I washed mine yet. Maybe it's time to come out of the closet and let you all know that I don't wash my clothes very often (did I mention that I have six people's laundry to do?) Anyway, I avoid washing my own clothing at all cost and often put off washing my jeans until they are so stretched out that they fall off me. (You'd be amazed at what a spritz of Febreeze is good for! :) Anyway, if you're with me and smell something, just move downwind... it's probably dirty laundry... but I digress (very deep down, I might add.)

I pointed out to my husband that my two youngest boys mostly wear "Big Enough" brand clothing. My oldest son wears alot of Gap and Mini Boden. My husband, of course, wears alot of business wear. Meg, we won't even discuss the cost of her wardrobe. Why am I, the one who buys all these expensive things for my family, the only one wearing shirts and jeans from Wal-Mart and Target? Hmmmm, something is wrong with this picture.

Anyway, apparently I shouldn't wash the cheap jeans. Which is a real problem when you have to live life with three boys! :)

Happy November! Did I mention that I took down all my Halloween decor yesterday to make room for the Christmas stuff I will probably get out of the attic this week! :)

And in honor of my awesome SIL, Grace, I am starting my Christmas music on the blog this week too! :) Oh, I love this time of year... I'm SO excited it's November! :)

2 comments:

Michelle R said...

those are great photos! I just love the boys in the beards. They are cracking me up, and Meg and Connor look adorable!

Anonymous said...

It was weird for me to ask you if you had washed your jeans yet. I know. I'm so sorry. It just kind of fell out of my mouth, however, I had just washed them for the first time and was literally AFRAID to try them on for fear that they had shrunk!! They have been laying in my ironing stack for over a week! So after I saw you Friday, I figured it was time I tried them on, and oh my oh my...not good, obviously. Maybe we can add 'shopping for jeans' to our list of reasons to get together.