The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Where did it go?

Has anyone seen the month of December?  Cause last time I looked at the calendar it was December 17th.  And today the kids went back to school and it's all over.  How in the heck did that happen?

I do have proof that I lived some fun moments for the past three weeks... but... but.... where did it go????


Our dear friends arrived from TN on 12/17.  Meg was SO happy to finally have one of her friends here that we didn't actually see her until after they left.  :)

They were really happy to see the sunshine since they left snow and freezing temps to get here.  


Meg was over the moon!


North Shore hat purchases.... 


North Shore chill fest.... 


Heading out for a night of karaoke.  Hil-air-e-ous!


The kids gaping at Bob (the tree)


Of course there was surfing....  (that is NOT me, by the way.  It's my friend from TN... she's a natural!)


and more surfing....


stunt surfing....  (that's Jack!)


and double surfing....  did I mention that our friends are actually the parents of one of Jack's best friends too!  


It did rain a few days while they were here...  but we didn't let it stop the fun.


Is this the cutest hat you've ever seen?  Or maybe it's just the face that makes the hat cute.  Yes, I think that's what it is! 


The caves at Here to Eternity Beach


Our prom picture.  I think the them was "Almost Heaven"  haha


By the end of the week, we were all exhausted, a few pounds heavier, and sad to see them go! 


We saw the Hawaiian version of Santa


The Who's down in Who-ville came out on Christmas morning. 


The goodies were out of control after Santa left his stash.


Four days after our friends left, Lani came for a stay.... 


She's sweet and gorgeous and I can't wait for her to go so I don't have to walk her.  :(

Then we had a New Year's Eve party... and things got a little out of hand.


Yes, those are actually pop-its on the floor... we (the adults) had a bit of a war with the kids Pop-its.


Guess who wasn't laughing when she had to clean it up! :(


See, I really did have fun and we did ALOT, but I swear it only lasted about 3 days! 

2 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Oh how I wished it had been me in those pictures! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Ondrea! My goal this year is to be a better friend! Ihave been so wrapped up in everything going on at home with the house remodel that I have pushed all my friends aside in survival mode...

You look so incredible! Love ya girl.

Lindsay said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time! Happy New Year to y'all!