The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Open letter to the departures gate at HNL International Airport

Dear Departures Gate:

I want you to know that I did not set out to develop this aversion to you.  I believe that I began visiting you with an open mind.  However, over the past several weeks, I have learned that you are not an entity to be taken lightly.  I have brought you the most beloved people in my life and time and again you have swallowed them whole, none of whom I have seen again, I might add.  I have complained multiple times about this issue, but still I have no resolution.  Just today, for example, it happened again.  I brought you my own Daddy and he too disappeared through your corridors.  I have yet to know what's become of him.

Furthermore, I might note that your brother, the arrivals gate, does a fantastic job.  I have never once had an issue with him.  He has delivered exactly what was promised, on time, every single month.  I am confused how two entities working so closely together, even looking so similar to one another, can have such paradoxical ethics.  You might try taking a lesson or two from him, if you hope to improve your reputation.

I want to go on record as having stated that I am filing a formal complaint against you.  I've had it with your heartless attitude and careless disregard for my feelings.  Consider yourself duly warned!

Sincerely,

Sasha!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh my . . . you ar e so funny:)

Sorry you've had to say goodbye to so many people . . . but at least they have come to visit you in paradise! (it's not so easy for us to get visitors up here . . . 5½ years and only by brother and our best friends . . .)

I am not AT ALL implying that it's only the weather drawing them to you, but for us the weather is the deterrent:)