The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Another one bites the dust... hey hey!

I bet you already guessed it by the title of the post....

And another one's down, another one's down, another one bites the dust.... or porcelain, as the case may be.  Bubbles, the freaky, grotesque bubble eyed fish is swimming the sewage pipes tonight.  I really appreciate Lindsay trying to tell me how to fix the fishies scale issue.... but in the end it wasn't meant to be... In the words of Vito Corleon, Bubbles is, well, sleeping with the fishes.  

Also, can someone please tell me what exactly it is that people see in cats?  (Sorry Amy, I'm sure your's are VERY sweet!)  But I mean, I kept noticing that my garage was really stinky.  The cat drinks from the place where we pee, why must he pee where we park?  I mean, isn't the world enough of a toilet?  What's with the desire to pee on a plastic pool float instead of our mulch, grass, garden, etc. etc. etc.  Argh!  Why the heck do I even HAVE pets (other than my sweet poochy, of course! :)  Gwen, don't answer that!

On a much happier note, today was Connor's birthday.  We went to eat at his favorite hibachi restaurant to celebrate.  I guess you know what's coming up for Favorite Photo Friday, huh?  That boy has it made.  We've been celebrating his birthday for about six months now! :)  He's been to Bounce U, Chuck E. Cheese, Game Stop, and Shogun and the kid is only 5!  We need to tone it down or we won't be able to afford his 10th birthday.

And for those of you who aren't as into the "cute kid posts" and want more meat and potatoes... be forewarned, I've been doing alot of thinking lately and I have a list of about 50 things that need to be aired out of the cob-webbed attic that is my brain.  But Brian's taking ds2 (I know that I use my kids' real names in this blog, but I always love it when people refer to their kids by code names, so I thought I'd give it a try... anyway..... ) on a father/son weekend retreat so I'll either get lots of blog time or none at all.  Anyone else ever notice that when ONE child (doesn't matter which one, really, it can be ANY ONE) is out of the house, the vibe is so much lower key????  Maybe it's just my particular kids????? 

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

If your big, ugly fish is killing all his defensless tank mates, then clearly he/she is some kind of fishy psychopath. Some kind of aquatic relation to the Zodiac killer - Pisces, the first known fish serial killer perhaps!

Or your kids are sneaking extra food to them and killing them with kindness.

findingourdaughter said...

As a non pet family....when our beta fish finally kicked the bucket....I was secretly glad to not have to take care of it anymore and clean the bowl, etc. That thing was so neglected and still lived a long life.....guess he was laughing at me the whole time!
As for the one kid away, since we only have 2 kids....YEAH, the vibe is very low key when one is away, LOL! If DH has anything to do with it, we will never have 4....sniff, sniff.
Hugs and God Bless!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Can you pour some gravy over those meat and potatoes? ha. I love potatoes...none for me right now...darn it.

The cat needs to go outside...that is where ours stays..in the garage..her food, water and even a litter box. We lock her in at night to keep her from fighting...rOW, RRRROOOOWWW..you know the aweful sound...can't seem to capture it in typo.

I totally agree with you on the vibe thing...why is it too that when we are down to two kids it seems like we are on vacation?