The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I am laundry goddess...hear me roar!

Seriously, there is not one dirty stitch of clothing in this house... except what my kids took off today. How, you may ask, did I accomplish this phenomenon of nature, this perfect storm of motherhood? Well, I'm not one to lay blame at anyone's feet, and I don't want to mention any names here, but if you are paying attention, there has not been a blog post since Saturday. Blogger has not been too happy about my little break; he's called every single day, tempting me with all sorts of promises and teasers. And it's not like I'm breaking up with him or anything, to the contrary, I love Blogger. I'm "in love" with him. It's just that Blogger is so possesive with my time and when I let him in the house, he just consumes me. He leads me to all sorts of exciting places, takes me to visit my friends, shows me photos of adorable children who are just crying out to be commented on, and even introduces me to new friends. Some of those new friends, who are mutual friends of Blogger, even teach me how to do things that I never even knew I wanted to do until I met them and discovered that my life was completely devoid of whatever crafty idea they were proudly showing me. Which, of course, would end up taking more time. And then of course there are all the ones Blogger asks me to pray for... my heart is often wrecked by those stories he shares with me so then I have to spend time processing and praying over all those. Anyway, Blogger and I had a talk earlier this week and I had to give him some ground rules. There would be absolutely no late night partying this week (that time is reserved for Edward Cullen.... sigh.... I'm about 1/4 of the way through the 4th book.) I would allow him to relay messages from my old friends, but absolutely no introducing me to new people until the weekend. It's been hard on us both, but we've committed to make this work. And lo and behold, voila, tonight I clocked out at 8:52.  People, I can't tell you the last time I "left the office" before 9:00. So, to uphold my end of the relationship, I am giving my darling Blogger this extra hour of my time. :) (Okay, sorry, but one of Bloggers more celeb friends showed me how to use the tres chic strike through thingy and I have been busting to use it... I couldn't help myself.)

Please head over to my friend Gwen's blog. She has a heart so close to mine (or what I aspire to be anyway) for the orphans of the world. And now she's made some rockin' cool t-shirts to help raise money for her next adoption. They are great and I already bought mine. But they are going fast, so you better get over there if you want to be wearing what all the cool folks with a heart for orphans are wearing! :)

Now, some random ramblings... hey, I've had alot of time to think of random things and nowhere to write them down:

Did you know that the individual, unpaired socks of six people will fill two COMPLETE laundry baskets?

Do you know any sound louder than a mother's "sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" when she has seriously had it with all the after-light's-out discussion? Really, it can be heard from a whole other floor in our house.

The signal at my house that says Connor is finally giving it up for the day is the sound of his milk cup hitting the floor of his bedroom. You can count on him to be snoring within about three seconds.

My nine year old has been getting himself up and dressed for school most of this year. He dresses himself before he comes into my room (usually to wake me up.) This morning he actually woke me up and then by the time I got downstairs to get my coffee, he had already fixed himself breakfast. Ithink he might be ready for his own apartment. Iwonder if he would let me come live with him? Now if I could just teach him to make the coffee..... hmmmmm?

Does anyone know if there is something important going on tomorrow that I am unaware of? Ikeep feeling like there is something I am supposed to do and can't figure out what it is. I hate that feeling. Anyway, if I'm supposed to meet with you and I don't show up, just please come on over to the house, I'll be sitting here trying to remember where I'm supposed to be.

"LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us."
Isaiah 26:12

4 comments:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi there!

I ordered one of Gwen's shirts today too! Thank you for praying for our family, Ondrea. I am looking forward to seeing you next weekend!!

Adrienne

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO CELEBRATE FEB. 6TH TOMORROW. IT ONLY COMES AROUND ONCE PER YEAR!!

Maybe your 9 yr old will find he wants to fix you breakfast AND do your laundry?

Barb said...

I'm impressed . . . that rarely happens around here! Thanks for calling the other night - it was great to talk to you! I also want to comment on some of your previous posts 1) yes, I sometimes feel pecked to death by my blessings and 2)I think you ARE living out loud for your Saviour - at least to those of us in the Blog world. I am continually blessed by words and scriptures you choose - and challenged to live a more Christ-centered life!

junglemama said...

Congrats on the laundry pile! I wish I oculd say the same!