The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Let me show you my moves AND the reason we wear helmets

Yes, it was another day at the fun factory, as we like to say around here. Before 8:00 Liam had split his wig on the concrete in front of our house. For some unknown reason (most likely the draw of a possible round of Lego * Wars) Liam was up and dressed at the crack of 6:45. So he got to play his video game for a little while, but then eventually I shooed him outside to get some fresh air before school starts. The bus comes at 8:00 this year, so he went to ride his bike (which I wasn't aware of because I was in the house arguing with Jack over what he was going to wear to school, but that's another story.) Anyway, the next thing I know, there is a scream that must have woken the neighbors and possibly Spring Hill as well (we all know Liam's propensity for drama) and I knew something was really wrong. I find Liam, head bleeding, laying at the bottom of the stairs and I was totally confused as to what had just happened. After alot of coaxing and loving I figure out that he was riding his bike (without his helmet) and fell off and HIT HIS HEAD on the sidewalk in front of the house. I started to lecture him about wearing his helmet and as it turns out, his dad told him it was okay to skip the helmet if he isn't on the street. Anyway, as life just taught him, this is not the best advice dear old dad ever dispensed and probably he will choose the helmet from now on. I'll have a talk with Brian about this later, don't worry. Of course, there had to be some mileage out of a goose egg before 8AM so Liam got to skip the bus and ride into school with me when I went to my meeting around 9:00.

Speaking of meetings, today was the first PTO meeting that I led as Chair. It was fun. We had a GREAT turn-out, probably 40 people, and everyone was very high-spirited for a PTO meeting. Yay!

Now for the funny part of the day. Jack had a scrimmage tonight at the baseball fields so we took the t-ball stuff for the little kids. Connor and Liam got up a game with a couple of the other boys there hanging out and this one kid, probably about five, was really good. He was pretty much dominating the entire thing and it was him against the other three kids that were playing. Anyway, after a while, Connor had had enough of his batting over and over again (because they couldn't get him out.) So Connor walks up to him, takes the bat and says, "Let me show you some of my moves." I thought I would wet my pants. You just have to see Connor, every ounce as big as this five year old, with his absolute lack of talent, whack at the ball, miss the ball altogether but sends the Tee flying into the air and says, "Yeah, baby, that's what I'm talkin' about!" Gotta love it!

No comments: