The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'm Not that Smart!

Brian took Connor to get his hair cut. Apparently they were having some really good conversation and Brian told Connor, "You know, you are really smart!" Connor looks up at Brian and says, "Not that smart. I don't know what dog starts with." :) How cute is he? Honestly, he is obsessed with how things are spelled. He must ask me 100 times every day what different words start with. I don't know where the fascination came from. He also asks me 50x each day how old he will be when Liam is x age old. Anyway, he's a sweety! I am so ready for school to start for him. I am afraid he's terribly bored at home. He needs the extra interaction and stimulation of school.



I've been having to focus so much of my attention on Meg that it's hard for him to get any one on one. Therefore, my house is a pig-sty because I play with him when she is napping rather than work on the house. I feel bad for him that he is sort of getting the shaft in this deal lately. Meg has shown a few concerning signs of trying to control her environment, charming us when she is in trouble (and in the psychology world, charming is not really a good term, think about it for a minute and you'll realize why.) Anyway, we know that her attachment is far from secure and just because she is showing good signs of being comfortable with us and knows that we are the ones who are here most of the time, she is by no means ready to be turned loose with a babysitter or have others doing any major caregiving for her. I have been so much more lax with her than I was with the boys. I have been too lax, mostly because I just need the break. So when others are here, I let them hold her, dress her, feed her, take her on walks, or let her stay for short periods of time at other houses with family or close friends. But I am realizing that this is a mistake. She has definitely gotten more controlling the past couple of weeks, so we'll go back to our hyper-vigilent state. I am amazed at myself, how many times in my life have I "known better" but allowed myself to think "this time it's different"?

So, on a totally unrelated note, I am up at midnight because I am pretty sure I am either having a heart attack or I have a hiatal hernia. I have the most intense "heart burn" I have had since pregnancy. I have been getting these bouts of INTENSE burning (like, my ears feel like they are on fire and if I could just throw up I would be SOOOOOO happy) and I absolutely can't sleep. It doesn't go away when I sit up, but it definitely feels better than when I lay down. I've taken Tums like candy, but still no help. So, I am miserably tired, dying to lay down and be asleep, but I can't lay down so I left in bloggerland! What do they do for these hernias anyway? I mean, can't you just take some medicine or something? If so, sign me up tomorrow because this is the pits!

P.S. Have you EVER seen a boy this excited about a birthday present? We got him Leg0 St*r W*rs for the Weeee and WOW, wish they all got that excited over all their presents! :)
P.S.S. Notice the "Gold Medal" he has around his neck. He got it for doing "banastics" at the little gym he goes to ocassionally.

No comments: