The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Whew! Almost too much to say...

if that's even possible.

First of all, something funny.  Liam had his Lion's club eye exam at school last week.  As a reward for being good through the exam, they gave him a pair of "slippas" (flip flops.)  Only in Hawaii! :)

We have a foster dog right now... well actually TEN foster dogs.  She has nine puppies that are only three days old right now.  I hope we can keep them to see them adopted.  What an experience for the kids.

Brian leaves for "the mainland" tomorrow.  I'm so sad.  Really, it's hard to be so far from family, but it's really really hard to know that the leader of our home is unreachable for 14 hours and then, in the event of an emergency, he couldn't be here in less than 24 hours (at which point, the emergency would already be over anyway.)  I don't like it and my stomach is in knots just dreading it.

My parents arrive on Friday!  I can't wait to see them.  I've never been six months without seeing my Mama!  (Brian will be back on Saturday, so I'll have them to myself for a day.)

My parents leave the following Friday.  But other TN friends arrive the Thursday before they leave.  My closest friend just left on Tuesday.  It's an insane month, to be sure!

Monsoon like rains here for the past few days.  The rainstorms here are one thing I'm going to miss when we move back.  I really love the massive storms here (because there is no lightening to speak of and no threat of tornado.)

Did I mention the puppies?  OH SO SWEET!

My sweet friend, Shawn, who runs Snooty Giggles Dog Rescue, is featured in Nashville Lifestyles Magazine this month as one of the 100 best things about Nashville.  How cool is that?  She deserves it too.  She's the real deal.  If you're ever looking for a new family friend, look up Snooty Giggles on Petfinder.  She's truly one of a kind in the rescue field.  (Did I mention that I have 9 puppies at my house right now?  Heaven!)

DO NOT take your kids to see Rango unless you like to have them hear animals tell other animals to "Go to hell!"  "I'll send you to hell."  And "Just sign the damned thing!"  I mean, if you're down with your kids hearing animals cuss where profanity is not necessary to make the point, then by all means, be my guest.  But I will not be seeing another Nickelodean movie without first checking the reviews from other sensible parents.  Very disappointing!  Otherwise, it was an okay movie, but I didn't like the religious symbolism they used.   But my kids wouldn't have picked up on that part, so I could have excused that part if it hadn't been for the blatantly trying to expose children and desensitize them to profanity.  Ugh!

Please pray for Charlie.  Hope's brother!  This family does NOT need another battle on their hands.

Pray for Brian and me as we try to decide where the Lord is leading us from here.  Are we to commit to another year in Hawaii or come home at the end of the school year.  Our hearts and minds are torn, just trying to hear God's will for our family.

My dear friend and neighbor, Angel, has a recurring brain tumor and is currently undergoing radiation.  She has two young children and is a precious woman.  Please lift her up if you would!

And lastly I have two friends who are facing some obstacles in their marriages.  I think all of us married folks could really use a strong dose of God and Grace.  Would you remember to pray with me for all of our marriages?

Here's a video of a song I just discovered.... hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

1 comment:

carolinagirl said...

LIFTING YOU UP IN PRAYER RIGHT NOW! PLEASE POST SOON TO LET US KNOW THAT YOU ARE OK!!!!!