The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Running on....

I feel like the term "run on" is my life-theme sometimes.  Run-on sentences, activities strung together one after the other with little pause in between, etc.  It's been nice to experience a big fat comma in my life while in Hawaii.... but I feel like we are taking that inhaled breath that you take just before you say something.  Because we are sort of starting to prepare ourselves for our return to TN.  I'm surprised at how sad I feel at the thought of what we'll leave.  I love my life at home, I'm sure it will return to "normal", running on and on and on the minute we hit the ground, but there will be things that I will probably spend a second each day missing for the rest of my life.  I'll miss being two blocks from the beach, there's no question about that.  I'll miss a million other things too.  Brian told me last night that I needed to be sure to walk out on the pool deck every night for the next couple of months because I still marvel at the site of moon shadows cast by a palm tree.

Yesterday, while I was running, I hit this song on my playlist and I just love the words to it and thought I would share them with you too.  This is from Third Day, it's called, This is Who I Am:


I'm the son (daughter) of a good man
I'm the child of an angel
I'm the brother of a wild one (I always think of my own brother at that line.)
And I'm looking for direction

I'm the lover of a beauty (strong man)
I'm the father (mother) of blessings
I'm the singer of a lovesong
But is that all I'm good for?

This is who I am, oh this is who I am
So take me and make me something so much more
This is who I am, oh this is who I am
So change me and make me someone better than before

I'm a saint and sinner
I'm a lover and a fighter
I'm a true believer
With great desire (that word desire!  my desire to please Him is so strong, but my actions are not always in line with my desire.  I think that's why this song resonates with me... He won't leave me as He found me.)

I'm a preacher of grace
Profit of love, teacher of truth
I've fallen down so many times
But here I stand, in front of You

This is who I am, oh this is who I am
So take me and make me something so much more
This is who I am, oh this is who I am
So change me and make me someone better than before

So take me as I am 
But please don't leave me that way
Cause I know You can
Make me better than I am today!

This is who I am, oh this is who I am
So take me and make me something so much more
This is who I am, oh this is who I am
So change me and make me someone better than before

Hope you enjoyed it.  I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day, and I hope you find the strength to "run on" today! :) 

Hebrews 12:1

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."  



1 comment:

lori said...

Thanks for printing those words; I love that song! So perfect for each of us.

Each experience we have is a step towards where He wants us to be. He's preparing you for something great! Enjoy the lesson.