I'm supposed to list ten random things about me and then nominate ten other bloggers that you need to get to know.
1. At last count, I have six blogs. Two you will never find unless I accidentally comment under the wrong ID (s0 far, Barb is the only one who's busted me!)
2. I have an uncommon love for orphans. It totally consumes me some days and I have to struggle for air.
3. As you probably know, I grew up on a "farm" where my dad raised beef cattle, had rodeo livestock, and broke horses for Loretta Lynn's Dude Ranch.
4. Therefore Loretta Lynn was my childhood idol!
5. Some of my best friends I met through blogging. Some of them I've never laid eyes on. Some I see every day, but I didn't know them until I found their blogs!
6. One of those bloggy friends is coming in to see me tomorrow morning and I couldn't be more excited about it.
7. I have ADD. I truly do! People say they do all the time, but they just mean that they are hyper or scattered. I really have it and it drives some people crazy to try to carry on a conversation with me. I think Sallee over at It's Poppy Dip might have been a little exhausted by me yesterday because she and I were in the same room for 2 hours and she's very calm and peaceful... I'm not! I definitely exhaust some people.
8. I have no tact whatsoever. I think it's a trait I inherited from my dad. I really don't mean to be abrupt and clueless, but sometimes I am and for the life of me, I can't figure out when I'm about to blurt out something that will get me into trouble!
9. I have the best husband in the world. And whenever I say that, the thought always runs through my head that maybe he will make a fool of me someday and I will find out that behind the scenes, he was a scoundrel. But I think he really is just that good, it seems to good to be true and I'm a skeptic, but he keeps on being this amazing guy and I just keep on falling for him over and over again.
10. I have no memory whatsoever. I can watch a movie several times and swear I have never seen it before, all the while, Brian is telling me we've seen it together. Then at the end, I'll finally say, "Oh yeah... I remember." Brian always says, "It must be nice to watch this again for the first time!" :) I think that might be hereditary too! I hope the giant butt and large stomachs aren't... but it's not looking good for the home team!
The ten bloggers you need to meet are:
1. Lynnette Kraft at Dancing Barefoot
2. Suzanne at Joining the Journey
3. Barb at Holm Sweet Home (who I swear I am going to visit sometime in the not too distant future!)
4. Kim at Everyday Adventures in Faith (she moved with her husband to Hong Kong (and did I mention they have four kids?) Talk about stepping out on faith!
5. Melanie, of course I couldn't leave Melanie out! She's at The 30 Day Journey for Hope. Mel cracks me up, she asked me yesterday, "Why would I ever buy Hope a dress from Target when I can buy her Poppy Dips and support an orphan?" And when I told her that I needed to stop buying stuff from Gwen because I had very little in my wardrobe that didn't talk about orphans, she said, "Why?" I love her!
6. Everyone already knows Kristi over at We Love Our Lucy, but I have to list her so that you're sure to stop over and take a gander at the gorgeous Lucy Lane and the other Johnson kiddos. This is a woman on fire for orphans, let me tell you!
7. I really love Amy at He Wanted 2, I wanted 4". She has a like heart.
8. My sort-of cousin, Bethany, has a great little blog that will make you ashamed of how much you spend on groceries. But it's worth heading over there to check out her story of adopting Caroline from Guatemala. What really blows me away is that two little bumpkins from Fulton, KY have traveled halfway around the world to bring home their kids. Unbelievable!
9. Oh my goodness, you have GOT to meet the Minovich family! They are at Unveiled Faces and they are the most precious family ever. Just go check it out!
10. My friend, Lori, who is terrible about consistently blogging, but when she does, fasten your seatbelt because she's liable to take you on a ride! Sometimes her posts are about life with her gorgeous and very well behaved children. But sometimes they rip your heart out... Plus it's another chance for me to remind you to buy a Pendant and support an orphan!
I have an awesome Christmas gift opportunity to share with you in honor of my November awareness posts. But since this one is so long, I am saving it for tomorrow so you can get the full affect of what I have to tell you... be sure to check back over the weekend because you really are going to want to get one of these for the person on your list who has everything! They definitely DO NOT have one of these!