The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I have been affected today in a way I didn't anticipate. Today is Jack's (my oldest) and Meg's (my youngest) birthday. Obviously, I have shared many birthdays with my children between four kids over eight years. However, there's something really profound and moving for me that my first baby and my last baby were both born on this day. There is definitely something very special about the day, beyond the fact that it's a birthday. It's like an affirmation for me that God had a plan and saw all the events of the future, even before the first one was set into motion. Jack was born 5 weeks early. Meg was born one week late. Both so that they could share this special day and fulfill God's promise to us to fill our home with the laughter of our children. It's so fitting and perfect that Jack shares his birthday with his sister, above the other siblings, because he is the one who is most enthralled with her. He is the one who dotes on her and adores her. She also loves him in a way that only a little sister can love a big brother. It reminds me of the stories my MIL tells of how Brian's younger sister idolized her big brother and wanted to sleep in his room at night and go where he went. It's precious to me that they have this relationship because I see the relationship Brian still has with his sister and I know it's something that will be special for the rest of their lives.

I am one very blessed Mama, and today, I am overwhelmed by the enormity of that blessing! I am overwhelmed with how undeserving I am of these precious and perfect souls that have been entrusted to us by a loving and merciful God!

Psalm 37:4
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

And because I missed Favorite Photo Friday, here's the best of the week:

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Jack and Meg :)

Barb said...

Happy Birthday to both Jack and Meg! BTW, great pictures!

Michelle R said...

First, I must have the black polka dotted pants!! LOVE them!!

Happy birthday Jack and Meg! what a wonderful blessing to share every year!

Thanks for the slide show that was fun... and don't ever tell me again how your house isn't clean. No handprints on cabinet doors, no dirt on the floor, you can't be in my slob club. You don't qualify.

HUGS,
Michelle

Ron and Dinia said...

Happy Birthday to Jack and Meg. How special that they share the same birthday. Love the slide show. What a beautiful family.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Momma.

Love Meg's outfits. She is so pretty!!! Hoping to get one just like her.