The truth as I know it:

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson

Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer is for sleepovers

When Brian left town, I planned to let the boys have lots of sleepovers and lots fun. We accomplished one of two goals. This week has been a blast. We have just been on summer time schedule, no chores, just hanging out together and having fun. But we only managed one sleepover. However, it was a fun sleepover. Liam's best buddy, Connor, spent the night with us. Jack enjoyed him as much as Liam did, I think. We caught lightening bugs and bumble bees (Liam's new favorite passtime) and picked apples off the tree. The funny thing was that the apples then became missiles that could be launched back and forth between our yard and the next door neighbors. The boys would lob the apples over the fence and the neighbors kids would lob them back, which eventually turned into an "Apple War" that evolved into and over the fence water fight with the hoses. It was such a fun night for all the kids.

I was getting everyone popcorn before the movie and I heard Liam and his friend in here talking, I had to laugh, the conversation went like this:
Liam: Remember when you just loved me a little bit. Why did you just love me a little.
Connor: I just knew you a little so I just loved you a little.
Liam: Yeah, that was back in the old days when you didn't know me alot.
Connor: Now I love you alot.
Liam: You're the one I needed. I love you!

Now, I was laughing my head off at the "back in the old days" comment, but how many six year old boys do you know who met at age three and are like bossom buddies? These two truly love one another.

The night ended with the boys on the pull out sofa. But one by one, starting with Liam's buddy, Connor, they ended up in my bed. So, this morning I woke up with four boys in my bed (all four!) I took a photo of it, but I am typing this post on Brian's laptop and my camera software is not on here, so I will have to add the photo later.

Now we are off to end our week of "vacation" with a movie. We are going with the boys Aunt and Cousin (my beautiful niece, Reilly) to see Kung Fu Panda. I can't wait to have popcorn, coke and candy for dinner! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How awful that the Rosenblats lied about their story and that the publishers and movie makers and Oprah didn’t figure it out. So sad.

Some Holocaust love stories are true. The NY Times featured a story about the famous comic book artists Stan Lee and Neal Adams and a story they were publicizing.

The story is about Dina Gottliebova Babbitt who was a 19 year old art student at Auschwitz. There she was asked by the Jewish head of the children's camp to paint something to cheer them up. Dina painted a mural of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and in the end, Dina's art became the reason for her salvation.

Painting the mural for the children caused Dina to be taken in front of Dr. Mengele, the Angel of Death. She thought she was going to be gassed, but she bravely stood up to Mengele and he decided to make her his portrait painter, saving herself and her mother from the gas chamber.

After the war, Dina applied for a job to be an animator and the person interviewing her turned out to be the man who created Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs for the movie. They fell in love and got married. Show White saved Dina's life twice!